For the second year in a row, I took the month of December as a sabbatical. The first year I had scheduled and structured everything I wanted to do during that time. This time, I decided to allow each day to unfold based on what I was led to do in each moment. I must admit, this was hard at first but I am so glad I did it.
By allowing spaciousness in my days, I was able to:
- get grounded in who I am in my career
- reconnect with my overall vision for my whole life
- peel away all distractions that had subtlety piled on
- have time to get overdue projects done (professional and personal)
- take time to focus on my wellness goals
- have fun and just be!!!!!
I was blown away at how much I actually did accomplish, all the while feeling balanced and at peace. (The long list of outcomes is included below.)
Whether you choose to take a sabbatical like I did, or just find smaller pockets of time to incorporate into your schedule, what if you really could regularly unplug allowing you to thrive in your career and life?
If you are overwhelmed or frustrated in being able to take regular time away from your career so you get recalibrated to thrive in your life, I would love to have a conversation with you. You can schedule a call with me at: www.michelebrant.com/call.
Here’s to a career that supports a balanced life so you can thrive every day!
- Read several fun books
- Spent time with friends
- Enjoyed several performing arts events
- Did lots of yoga
- Got in work outs at the gym 3 times per week
- Completed a 21 Day Metabolic Cleanse
- Celebrated my Mom’s 80th birthday
- Spent time in Roanoke, VA with family
- Learned about my genetic makeup
- Organized my clothes and hired an image consultant
- Organized my computer folders
- Cleaned up emails
- Deep cleaned the house
- Organized my kitchen and came up with a meal planning structure
- “Slept in”
- Watched some series and movies that were on my list
- Dug more in to what optimal wellness is for me
- Reconnected with why I do what I do as a business
- Got centered again in what is important to me with how I live my life and run my business
- Reconnected with my love of fashion and why
- Loved on my animals that were all adopted from shelters
- Took nice walks with hubby
- Had fun with hubby
- Organized and decluttered the entire house
- Completed 2018 planning
- Enjoyed the holidays in a way that was in alignment for me
What is the number one reason that’s stopping you from taking a sabbatical?